Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco
Make a real difference and impact with Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco! AmeriCorps members are critical to the success of Habitat for Humanity GSF, and play an integral role in providing leadership on our project sites, inspiring volunteers every day and creating new systems in order to build capacity for the organization and the families we serve. Our members are the ambassadors of Habitat GSF, interacting with over 8,000 volunteers, partner families and community stakeholders. During a year of service with Habitat GSF, AmeriCorps members will gain insight to the inner workings of a non-profit organization and gain hands-on experience in leadership, public speaking and community development. Benefits beyond the AmeriCorps living allowance and education award include a housing stipend of $600/month, carpool and service transportation options, a professional development stipend, and for construction leads, work gear reimbursement. Join our Habitat family and work with an amazing group of professionals and an inspiring leadership team, while creating affordable housing solutions with hard-working families in San Francisco, Marin and the Peninsula. For more information about Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco, please visit our website.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
As a Volunteer Services Coordinator, you will be on the front lines of service by helping the volunteers at our affiliate. Your primary responsibility will be to coordinate volunteer management efforts, including but not limited to: assisting with on-site orientations, maintaining and updating the volunteer database, maintaining communications with volunteers though a monthly eNewsletter, recruiting and scheduling volunteers, continually working on volunteer retention and recognition, or other new initiatives at our affiliate. Additionally, you will assist in the coordination of volunteer groups, such as campus chapters and non-construction youth groups. On occasion, you may attend community outreach programs to promote volunteer opportunities, and manage affiliate presence at volunteer fairs. Volunteers are a huge help in the weekly operation of our site, and we need someone like you to be the helping hand and voice to our volunteers.
• 18 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
• Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Internet research
• Public speaking experience
• Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
• Project management experience
• Experience, knowledge or interest in affordable housing/social justice/social justice programs
• Facility with databases
Benefits of Service:
• AmeriCorps National living allowance of $12,630 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
• Segal Education Award of $5,815 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
• Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
• Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
• Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
• 10 personal/sick leave days
• Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
• Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will have recruited and/or managed 400 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. This increase in volunteers will allow us to serve more families, as well as move us closer to our "2020 Vision" of building 400 homes, renovating 200 owner occupied homes and 20 community facilities by 2020.
What’s needed to apply?
• Resume (tell us about your experience)
• Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) – input in “Cover Letter” section