Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) is looking for an Event Coordinator to assist with managing the Women Leaders for the World (WLW) program, and event that will be held in August 2017. The volunteer reports to the WLW Program Manager and will be involved with all aspects of event planning and execution. The Event Coordinator will collaborate with the Marketing team and WLW Program managers and may be asked to help with fund development activities. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the different facets of running a fast-paced non-profit organization and to join a global community of women leaders.
Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and evenings. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
• Support the WLW 2017 program and event, assisting with participant applications and processing as needed
• Assist the WLW managers with researching and recommending potential event venues
• Recommend an event plan and budget for review and approval by the WLW managers
• Contact vendors, ensure services are delivered as required and vendors are paid
• Coordinate and keep track of event sponsors, attendees and speakers
• Manage, update and keep information current and accessible in Google Docs Spreadsheets and Box
• Coordinate all event logistics for the week of the WLW program and event, including registration, name tags, room assignments, set-up, meals, clean-up, etc.
• Work with the Marketing Director to create event materials and communications (invitation, program, etc.) for the website, social media and printed collateral
• Provide all required content to the Marketing Director, including but not limited to, all WLW class participant names, bios, photos and program timeline
• Respond to all GWLN emails sent to [email protected]
• Assist with requests from the GWLN Leadership Team as needed
Skills and Experience Required
• Experience in events planning or marketing, preferably 2+ years at a non-profit organization
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Google Docs
• Actively use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
• Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to juggle multiple last-minute changes and problem solve
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
• Positive, team player with willingness and ability to work varied hours, based on office and
• Approximately 20 hours a week
• Flexible hours
• Can work virtually
• Attend bi-monthly Leadership Team meetings and other meetings as needed in the San Jose
This is a volunteer position.