Volunteer instructors work with adults and seniors who are learning the English language skills necessary for living and working in
our community. Instructors work with individuals who either desire to acquire English language skills for work, college and or day to day conversational. Most students are limited-English speakers. Tutors will use published curriculum
materials or create appropriate materials to meet the student’s listening, speaking, reading, and writing needs.
• Strong desire to improve the English language skills of students
• Sensitivity to cultural differences
• Patience, understanding, flexibility, and an unceasingly positive attitude
• Outgoing personality. Ability to meet challenge with enthusiasm.
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in Vietnamese (preferred but Not Required)