About How Women Lead
Breaking ceilings, changing the world, propelling women changemakers, that is what you are signing up for when you join our team of global leaders. And we do it authenticity , respect and care for each other. How Women Lead elevates diverse women leaders in the corporate, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors by cultivating a robust network that trains, invests in, and connects women executives who are catalysts in their fields. Founded in 2011, we bring together a network of over 5,000 women to strengthen their leadership tool boxes and networks to effect greater impact in their respective fields.
How Women Lead’s philanthropic arm, How Women Give, provides grants and invaluable connections to women’s and girls’ organizations on the frontlines of today’s most critical issues. In 2017, we became managing partner for the national 2020 Women on Boards effort to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards. In March 2018, we announced the acquisition of the Global Women’s Leadership Network, and will continue its flagship transformative leadership training, Women Leaders for the World.
How Women Lead is looking for talented Social Media Marketing Specialist to post relevant messages and digital content on our social media channels. You may also be asked to conduct research and provide recommendations on how to improve our social media efforts as part of HWL’s overall marketing strategy. The Social Media Marketing Specialist helps to raise awareness of HWL, which is measured by the increase in number of followers and fans on each of the social media sites.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
•Stay abreast of HWL activities and key local, national and global events and issues related to women’s rights and leadership
• Post messages and digital content regarding HWL program events, activities and special celebrations on multiple social media channels
• Research and propose new features that can improve user interface and increase traffic
• Assess and track the performance of HWL social media channels
• Prepare monthly progress report on social media channels
• Attend HWL events (when possible)
• Strong knowledge and experience with posting and developing social media channels
(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Good online research skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
• Effective communicator and troubleshooter
• Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
• Minimum of 3-5 hours a week (depending on project)
• Flexible hours
• Can work virtually
This position is a volunteer position.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by June 30, 2018. Please write “Social Media Marketing Specialist Volunteer - YOUR NAME” in the subject of the email. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a volunteer position.