Enjoy a family holiday filled with history, patriotism and roses! This is an old fashioned family-style parade as it winds through the Rose Garden neighborhood ending on the grand avenue of the The Alameda. Over 30,000 people attend the Rose White & Blue Parade every year, making this the largest Fourth of July parade in San Jose. This homespun parade features live bands, dance groups, home-made floats, kids on bikes, antique cars, and more.
Our committee can't make this event happen by itself. We have been lucky to have volunteers from the community to help with marketing and sponsorship, pre-event preparations, set-up, parade staging, parade route monitoring, event clean up.
We thank our volunteers with an invitation to our Rose, White & Blue Parade Thank You Party!
Here's how you can help:
Church Picnic Area Assistants (9:00 am – 2:30 pm)
• Assist in set-up of tents, tables, chairs, etc.
• Monitor area for trash. Empty as needed.
• Assist in take down of tents, tables, chairs, etc.
Barricade Monitors (7:00 am – 11:30 am)
• Monitor barricades for traffic
• Monitor Church parking area for parade parking permits
• Provide reroute information to vehicle traffic
Staging Assistants (7:00 am – 12:00 pm)
• Assist Parade Captain in all aspects of parade assembly
• Patrol parade staging area for trash after parade has left staging area
• Walk parade route after parade for trash and no stopping signs
Route Monitors (8:30 am – 12:00 pm)
• Keep parade flowing smoothly along the route
• Inform Parade Route Manager of issues
• Record any issues for future improvements
De-Staging Assistants (10:00 am – 12:30 pm)
• Direct traffic at the end of the parade
• Direct walking groups to ribbon cutting ceremony
|09:30 AM - 02:30 PM||3 Do-Goodrs (out of 12 ) registered.|
|07:00 AM - 11:30 AM||0 Do-Goodrs (out of 24 ) registered.|
|07:00 AM - 12:00 PM||2 Do-Goodrs (out of 6 ) registered.|
|08:30 AM - 12:00 PM||0 Do-Goodrs (out of 4 ) registered.|
|10:00 AM - 12:30 PM||0 Do-Goodrs (out of 4 ) registered.|