Global Women’s Leadership Network is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and her Leadership team. In addition to being an indispensable member of the team, you will learn about the various areas of running a non-profit organization and work on global projects with women leaders from around the world.
Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
• Participate in Executive Director (ED) Management Meetings and take meeting minutes
• Provide and assist calendar scheduling to the ED.
• Gather Monthly Reports from Leadership Team and submit to ED
• Attend Leadership Team meetings and publish minutes. Follow up on action items.
• Support Leadership Team
• Submit Monthly ED Reports to Board of Directors
• Set up meetings and manage the relationship with the Sobrato Center
• Provide support to ED in operational areas such as insurance, financial reporting, etc.
• Stay abreast of GWLN activities and key global events and issues related to women’s rights
• Attend and support GWLN events as needed
• Participate in special projects – most likely involving computer-based research or analysis.
• Provide support to project teams (dependent on time availability and interest.)
• Possibly work with Development Manager (dependent on time availability and interest.)
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
• Effective communicator and troubleshooter
• Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
• Online research skills
• Proficiency to office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
• Minimum 10 hours a week
• Flexible hours
• Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
• Ability to attend Leadership Team meetings in San Jose